Sunday, July 30, 2006

A happier kind of dog

I can't say exactly what's causing it, but Friscodog seems these days like a much happier kind of dog. He is still having problems with his balance, but he is much more eager to push his limits than he was a week or two ago.

This morning, I gave him a handful of frozen fish nuggets (fishsicles, I call them), and he was maniacally eager to gobble them all up. He ran in little happy circles around the yard, stumbling still, but eager to do his business as if he weren't suffering at all. He's now lying at my feet with the racquetball in his mouth: he won't let me throw it for him as he would have a few months ago, but he seems content to be the dog in charge of his ball.

I can't swear that raw-feeding is the reason for his return to better health, but I can definitely say that he is much happier being given a quarter chicken or a handful of frozen fish than he ever was with a bowl-ful of kibble. For that measure of happiness, I thank the new diet.

RG

PS I've gotten set up on Paypal, so those who want to contribute to Frisco's vet bills may do so now. All contributions are very much appreciated.

Official PayPal Seal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home